Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Keep All Sissy Soft Suckers Off My Corner*

*Run DMC ~ Is IT Live

Teaching is not for the weak.  Nor is parenting. Nor is death. All three have collided for me this week.

In perhaps the most surreal moment of my week so far, I pulled up to my mom's car at my grandma's funeral on this drizzly Monday afternoon. Her windows were up and she was mouthing something to me. I squinted at her through the glass, and it became apparent that she was trying to tell me something. 

I could juuuusssstttt make it out.  "They all think you're baked." Alright. That's.....weird.

I'm down to the next 12 hours. If I can get through the next 12 hours, I believe I will be able to say that the last 72 hours were not so bad in hindsight.
From my garden! I'm looking forward to a lot more of this. Starting soon!

1 comment:

  1. Just keep mumbling to yourself, "light weight, baby, light weight." I saw it used in a youtube video of an amazing power lift and Moose and I use it all the time now to get through stuff like the last twelve hours of the semester!

    ReplyDelete