Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Flowers in the Garden

Two weekends and many after work sessions, and this year's gardens are well underway!
I keep finding little surprises all over...I planted bulbs a couple of years ago and so many are sprouting ~ and spontaneously resprouting! ~ and I love love love them.

The poppies are no surprise, at all, and I've been hovering over them for at least a month.  And they don't disappoint...they open each day and close each evening and I think, truly, our state flower is one of the happiest little blooms I've ever met.

 While Tommy will gladly shoot hoops to keep me company in the gardens, Scotty is nobody's wallflower.  That kid is just about the most hands-on fellow I've ever met.   There are so many outdoor chores that I would love some help with (dig a hole!  grab that end!  hold this!) but I have to catch as catch can... this guy will water, and he will plant.   I'm on my own for everything else.

I'll give you a dollar if you can get that hose from him, by the way.

2 comments:

  1. Spring makes me happy with all the new blooms and blossoms on the trees. Moose and Kelly work very hard, so I have a beautiful view from every window!!!! The only better view would be Scotty watering. Spring must also bring back memories of my kids when they were little. I don't think a dollar would be worth the soaking someone would get for trying to grab that hose:) I feel like I know your kids personally through the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Betty! You've got that so right...that kid will soak you. For nothing! Around here, it's just me, so the views from every window are, well, alarming. But I try! And I love love love this kind of "work". We are just going to have to get everybody together, and soon, because I think you'd get a real kick out of these boys!

    ReplyDelete