Sunday, January 9, 2011

Growth Spurts

Posting has been light, I realize, but look at this mug!  So much cuteness, I'm telling you.

I'm working on a couple of big projects, that I'm rather liking, and that's taking up some of my time (I'll share soon, though!) and there's another project, called my kids that's also brewing.  We seem to be hitting some growing pains around here.  It happens, but this one seems particularly thorny! 

Tommy seems to be moving from Little Boy to Official Tween, and the emotional ups and downs have really taken us by surprise.  Erik and I have been (more than at any other time in our parenting 'careers') spending a lot of time trying to figure out what exactly he needs to make this transition.  I mean, he's making it, like it or not, but we'd sure love to smooth things out for all concerned.  And so far...that ain't happening.  We're interested in your thoughts on this, by the way, no suggestion is too crazy.

So, I'll be here.  Working on my projects, paying closest attention to My Boys, trying to stay warm, and I'll see ya in a few days. xoxo

5 comments:

  1. I'm not sure how old your son is, but I know with Jordan he got to the age where he needed to spread his wings and gain some independence. I would let him spread them a bit until he pushed the envelope a little too far and then I'd reel him in. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. (I guess I'm having some trouble with my post...)
    Your posting has been "light"? I think I haven't posted in a month... shew. I know the baby/teaching/moving isn't much of an excuse, so I blame it on laziness.
    I can't wait to see your new projects. Hopefully I'll get some going once I get into my new sewing space! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @La ~ Thanks La, that's really great advice, actually! It's a lot like that...the thing is, the more time you spend with Tommy, the better he acts and so, the more time you WANT to spend with Tommy! But that independence is so important for these littles... it's coming out in strange ways. :)

    @Nancy ~ ha! I hate that when the posting goes nuts! I'd call baby/teaching/moving (any ONE of those, actually!) a fine excuse indeed. :) Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete