Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Cold


(Pond with a sheet of ice!)






This morning, I broke off a sheet of ice that had formed on the koi pond.






It was thick enough to bring a piece into the house, where I made Erik poke his head out of the shower to look at it before I photographed it on the counter. It's a sickness.





After de-icing my car, I drove to work...wearing tights, two pairs of socks, jeans, a thermal undershirt, a long sleeved shirt, a fleece jacket, a hat, scarf, and both fingerless mitts and mittens. I walked in to find my partner, similarly bundled, typing on her laptop. And yet. And yet my kids are in short sleeves and barefeet. These kids just have a totally different internal thermostat!

Despite their inability to feel cold (or pain...or fear....ai ai ai...being mama to boys is exhausting!) it is cold here! And you know what that means..a basketful of yarn has been my constant companion, with three projects on the needles and two with the hook, too!

Did I mention the cold?

5 comments:

  1. Burrrrrr! (whispering.... Happy Birthday Frosty!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's been freezing here (Ohio, hello!) and my co-workers all look at me like I'm an idiot when I walk in with short sleeves and no coat, LOL... I've always been that way... a job I had years ago, one of the older ladies that worked there pulled me aside and asked me if I needed help to get a winter coat, LOL... I had to tell her I had 3 or 4 at home that I never wore :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Cori!!!! I'm hoping to see you on Sunday!

    Jeanna ~ That is so funny! I worked with some older folks when I was in college, and they were always worried that I'd slip and hurt my hip. Ha! It's so good to "see" you, by the way...I noticed you posted lately! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sunday? Is there a party I forgot about?

    ReplyDelete
  5. D'oh! Cori-bean, it's the 19th I'm thinking of at SF MOMA. Ha! No, you're not missing a party! lol

    ReplyDelete