Thursday, May 13, 2010

Ardenwood Farm, Part One

Last Saturday was a perfectly gorgeous spring day in California.  By the time we woke up Sunday, it was raining and windy.  But Saturday.  Oh, Saturday!  Scotty and I met some friends at Ardenwood Park in Fremont.  Ardenwood is a favorite for me, as it is still a working farm, and the original farmhouse is on the grounds.  We go there to pick berries, see the monarchs, feed the animals, ride the train, pick pumpkins...and, while the kids enjoy all that, plus running and climbing, I also spend a bit of time pretending like it's my farm.  I stroll the grounds and I know it's ridiculous, but I literally itch to go to work!  

I have so many pictures of both my kids climbing the trees at this park!  They are perfect for climbing, no matter how old you are, because of the deep "v" starts in the trunks.
So many new things to try at the farm!
There are naturalist programs nearly every day.  Here is Scotty with our friend Sophia (love her style!) enjoying story time under a tree at the hay circle.  "The Little Red Hen".
After the story, they got to pet...the little red hen!  Good times.

2 comments:

  1. Michelle ~ come over! :P It was so fun. Did you ever go to their pumpkin patch or corn maze? Killer.

    Joven ~ Joven, Joven, Joven. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete