Tuesday, August 31, 2010

New Beginnings

Like every other teacher I know, I love the beginning.  I love a fresh start, a clean slate, an unopened box, a notebook that's never been written in....you get the picture.  I worked hard this summer, cleaning the house and going through closets, and purging and sorting and generally driving my family to distraction with my insistence that it all be done before school starts.
So the boys exchanged their twin beds for a bunk bed.  No ladder, you say?  No ladder, I say.  I only want you up there if you have the mad skillz to haul your ass up on your own volition.  (Both of my kids can...but I don't want some play date disaster.  Not on my watch!)
There's something so right about only having toys that you actually play with, books that you actually read, and clothes that you actually wear, in your life.  It's so liberating!
And this closet is a must have for getting four people ready and out the door every morning, with minimum fuss and no breakdowns.  Mine, that would be.  Shoes (two pairs each) in their place, dressers (both in the closet) all stocked up, and socks for all my friends.  It's a good way to start the year!

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry, what did you say? I was distracted by the awesomeness of crochet rugs everywhere. Awesome...some day...some day

    ReplyDelete