Monday, June 8, 2009

Weekend ::Erik::

Last week was a bit of a bust. Erik and I were under the weather most of the week, and by Wednesday I was exhausted from work, headaches, the lack of sunshine, and sleepless nights.

I was heal-toe-ing it into Thursday, but Scotty finally came down with "it" (whatever "it" was?!? still not sure!) and that was the end of things. I was grumpy and he was exhausted as we left Thursday.

But by Saturday, the sun was shining and we were all feeling better, at the same time, for the first time all week. And it was meant to be, because Erik's band played at a winery in Livermore (Confidential to Susan: Free food, and, wait for it, free wine too! I drank, um, a little bit of a 2006 Petite Syrah and a 2006 Sirah and, the whole time, I was thinking how right you were!).

I dropped the kids off at my parents' house and then met Erik over at the windery. Our friends Shawn and Dana came, as did Todd (without Mari! Boo!) and My Glenn (he took all these pictures, and a whole bunch more, and I think they're beautiful). Erik's brother came with a friend, all his work friends were there, and everybody else was a friend or relative of somebody else in the band. It was an invitation-only benefit for a local women's shelter (over a thousand dollars was raised that night!) and it was sunny and glorious and Erik, I hope you don't mind me saying so, sounded amazing on his guitar. His three guitars. Ahem. I only wish that was all of them!

After the show, we packed up and met friends for drinks in Oakland. I think my favorite part was listening to everybody tell Erik how incredible he is at playing guitar (and he is) and I think the most interesting part is where I found out that, in addition to the four guitars I knew about at home, he apparently has a fifth guitar at his work, which was sent directly there, so as to bypass my disapproving glare, apparently. Huh.

And although this bothers me not at all, not even one iota, I had to spend a minute pretending to be mad at him about this OUTRAGEOUS turn of events, just in case I need a chip to play in some later scuffle. It's a lot of work, being married.


Truthfully? It doesn't bother me about the guitars because he loves them...and I love him. His happiness makes me so happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment