Sunday, November 29, 2009

Time Tunnel

I met Kate in 6th grade. Instant and complete devotion, as I recall. This picture (taken by, I think, Scotty!) pretty much sums it up. Laughing, always laughing.






Her family (including three of the cutest kids you'll ever want to meet!) lives 5 hours away. I don't see them nearly enough for my tastes. But. When I do see them? It's just like I saw them yesterday. You know what I mean?








It doesn't matter if we talked last week, last year, or last who-can-remember-when. Seeing her is like stepping into a time tunnel, where years become instants.







Our kids (each as dorky as their mothers!) immediately teamed up with each other, against us. That's alright. We can handle that.










We got to spend the day at the zoo, on the day before Thanksgiving. We haven't spoken in two years (what?!? I can't believe it! I mean, even for us!). In typical fashion, I received a text message on Monday night..."Kate and the G___ kids will be at the zoo Wednesday. Want to hang out?"

I typed "Hells yeah!" back and there really wasn't much more to say. Love her. Love them.


More pictures, should you be interested, can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment