Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Pixie!










We were walking downtown again tonight (Ashland, Oregon) and as we came through the park I heard a flute playing. I couldn't resist snapping a photo of the musician! When we came around the other side, I saw the little cherub in full view, and he couldn't have been more than 12 years old! He was playing with a glass jar out for 'tips', and he sounded pretty darn good!



We ate dinner outside (yummy ahi salad!) and while we were chatting, I decided to take a look around (read: crane my whole body around in my chair, gawking.) Right behind me was this beautiful red door and scrollwork. And do you see what I see?






Yes. Mountains of yarn! The store was closed, so I'll have to try to get inside tomorrow!

I miss my family. I miss my home. But I like having a little adventure too!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Mia,
    I just found you by way of Daisy Cottage. What a beautiful red daisy purse you made for her!
    I ran into a little flute player once in Canada while out to dinner one evening. It sounded wonderful.

    Enjoy your day!
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. good lord. you and my friend kate would be best friends talking about all the yarn and flutes. i am neither talented with knitting or fluting. Is fluting a word? I'm not sure?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donna ~ thank you!! This was a wooden flute and yes, it was quite inviting.

    Susan ~ You have other talents! Making me laugh chief among them!

    ReplyDelete